International Students at King’s Elementary

Thank you for your interest in King’s Schools! We are glad that you are considering King’s Schools as part of your academic journey in the United States.

King’s Schools is SEVIS-approved and authorized under American federal law to enroll students on the F-1 visa. Below you can find common applicant questions and answers that will help you start planning your child’s application to King’s Elementary School. (If you are interested in applying for Grades 7-12, please click here.)

International applications for the 2019-2020 school year will open on November 1st, 2018. In order for your application to be eligible for review, please make sure all required application documents are submitted. Below you can find a list of the required application documents.

Who counts as an international student at King’s Schools?

An applicant who will need an F-1 visa to study in the United States is considered an international student. We cannot enroll J visa students. Those who hold other visas should check with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for their eligibility for enrolling in school in the United States. If you hold a green card or have permanent residency, you should apply as a domestic student.

Do I need to go through an agency to apply to King’s Schools?

We do not have a partnership with any agency and welcome applications from all students. When it comes to exploring your educational options in the US it may be helpful to have an agent; however, please note that we expect applications to be filled out by the student and his/her parents, not by an agency.

When should I apply for King’s Schools?

International applications for the 2019-2020 school year will open November 1st, 2018. All applications and supplemental forms are due by February 1st, 2019.

What do I need to apply for King’s Schools

A complete application for a student applying for Kindergarten-6th grade includes the following:

  • Online international application with $150 nonrefundable application fee.
    Any Domestic Student Application submitted in error will not be accepted. You will be required to resubmit an International Student Application and new application fee. Your original fee cannot be refunded or transferred. 
  • Academic transcripts from the past two school years.
  • One teacher recommendation form.
  • A copy of your passport.
  • A copy of any American visa you have (F-1, B-1/B-2, etc.).

How do I submit my application materials?

The application is completed and submitted online along with the $150 application fee. Your completed teacher recommendation form and academic transcripts can be sent by email to  or sent by mail to:

King’s Admissions
19303 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98133

What happens after I submit my application for King’s Elementary?

All completed application files are reviewed after February 1st, 2019. Some applicants will be selected and contacted to schedule an interview, which can take place at King’s Schools or over Skype. Applicants will be notified by email with their acceptance decision, which is based on their application, their interview, and their fit within King’s Schools. Some additional testing might then be necessary to determine what grade level is appropriate for your child’s English capabilities.

I’ve been accepted! What now?

Congratulations! Once you’ve been accepted, we will send your enrollment contract to the guardian named on your application. We suggest completing this within 14 days of acceptance to avoid having your spot given to the next applicant on the waiting list. Once your contract is signed and submitted with the non-refundable $225 registration fee, you are considered enrolled in King’s Schools!

Once your enrollment is complete, we will notify your guardian when your Form I-20 is ready to be picked up or mailed to them. You will need this form when applying for your F-1 visa at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate along with receipt of your I-901 SEVIS fee payment. (More information can be found on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.)

What kind of English as a Learning Language (ELL) support does King’s Schools have?

King’s Schools does not offer any ELL courses or support. International students must begin at King’s Schools proficient in English for their grade level.

Does King’s Schools have dormitories?

No, King’s Schools does not have dormitories for students.

Does King’s Schools provide host families?

International students in Kindergarten through 6th grade must be living with one or both of their natural or legal parents during their entire time at King’s Elementary School. We do not allow students in our elementary school to live with a host family.