King’s High School
Giving students what they need to succeed.
At King’s High School our philosophy is very simple. We give students what they need to succeed in college and in life: academic excellence and a caring community. Our standard curriculum is the highest quality college-prep track available, and we offer a strong honors and Advance Placement program. Ninety-eight percent of King’s High School graduates pursue college.
King’s blends academics with sports, music, drama, student government and more, providing many exciting opportunities for student involvement. Two-thirds of our exceptional faculty hold Masters Degrees, and all are knowledgeable, active Christians who use the Bible as the foundation for teaching students. All students who attend King’s High School are provided with a nurturing social environment for making lifelong friends.
Each day, I am grateful for God’s blessing upon our school that is alive in learning, flourishing academically, rich in its Christian focus and thriving in its activities. We invite you to our beautiful campus to experience our mission of “inspiring hearts and equipping minds” firsthand.
King’s High is a place where:
- a vibrant student body engages daily with professional, Christian teachers, staff and coaches to find, as Aristotle said, “That point at which our talents and passions intersect with the needs of the world.”
- over 300 of our students participated in the fall mixer, Kaleidoscope. That kind of participation is unparalleled in school settings.
- parents gather weekly to pray for students, staff and families.
- we’ve nearly doubled our learning space with the opening of the state-of-the-art King’s STEM Center in 2013.
- our robotics program holds four state Robotics championships.
- our science department is working closely with the University of Washington’s Department of Genome Sciences.
- our mock trial program has build a regional reputation for excellence.
- our business and marketing program is nationally recognized for excellence in financial literacy and entrepreneurial education.
- Sports Illustrated named King’s High School as the best high school athletics program in the state of Washington.
- one of our teachers who focuses on STEM education, Mikel Thompson, was recently named the WFIS (Washington Federation of Independent Schools) Teacher of the Year.
- we enjoy an educational philosophy that emphasizes teaching students how to think, not what to think.
On behalf of the faculty and staff of King’s High School, we welcome you. We take our sphere of influence upon our students very seriously and we thank you for the opportunity to team with you in inspiring and equipping them.
Principal – King’s High School